Thursday, February 19, 2015

Feb 2105 Mission Report



Dear Churches, Pastors, Family and Friends,

One year ago this month our life and ministry took a decidedly different turn when my heart valve failed and I went down for the count, well almost. Thanks to LeeOra and of course the Lord I survived and came away with a new valve, a renewed outlook on life and a lot of medical bills. I am very grateful for your prayers, patience and understanding during the time of readjustment and recovery. We are still adjusting in some areas and recovering in others but feel like this anniversary marks a place where we can really put the heart issues behind us and look forward to what the Lord has planned for our future.

In celebrating the anniversary of my operation and our 38th wedding anniversary LeeOra and I hiked down into the Grand Canyon, a total of 8 miles round trip and a change in elevation of 2050 ft. Going down was easy going back up was very, very tough. I realized I’m not fully back to normal as I needed several rest stops and it took about 3 times longer to go up as it did to descend. Normal time for hiking is between 4 and 6 hours but it took us 8 and LeeOra wasn’t the one slowing us down. Still it was a good test and I feel that with more walking daily I have nothing to worry about as far as my recovery goes. It was a great place to see God’s handiwork and realize that he is also working on me.

We have been attending Lighthouse Baptist in Camp Verde during my recovery. I have had the opportunity to preach, which is a better tonic than pills or hikes for a preacher and may be doing some Bible Studies on Sunday night soon. Bro. Randall and all the members have been a real blessing to us and have become like another home church away from home church for us.

LeeOra and I have been fervently and faithfully praying about our ministry here in Flagstaff and our service to the Lord. We are asking Him to lead us where we need to go or to confirm where we need to stay. I am overwhelmed by all of our supporting churches and pastors who have been so faithful to stand by and would humbly ask that you join us in praying for God’s will in our lives at this time. We are ready emotionally, spiritually and physically to be where God can use us. Though we are unworthy of such service, we know God has called us and is faithful to fulfill that calling. Please continue to pray on our behalf.

In God’s service
Kris and LeeOra Minefee

No comments: