Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Mission Report for Jan/Feb 2015



Dear Churches, Pastors, Family and Friends,

I apologize for the length of time between this and the last letter. My continued recovery from heart surgery and the process of trying to find a job and catch up on the bills has taken more time than I expected.

Since I last wrote my health has steadily improved with no real effects from my heart valve replacement. My new valve beats much louder than my old one, but then again my old one was barely beating at all toward the end. The new valve is made from cow heart and for some strange reason I no longer like steak. Must be a side effect I guess. On the positive side I really enjoy chicken a lot more. I exercise and or walk most days of the week and only occasionally notice a little pain in my chest from the operation. I really don’t believe there is anything physical that will hold me back other than being my age.

I was able to find work at a warehouse for 3 weeks but the job was a temporary position and I am once again looking. The job at a warehouse was a real blessing and helped us make progress in our expenses and we look forward to God opening up other opportunities for employment in the near future. LeeOra has continued in her home care business though it does taper off during the winter months. The Lord has used her to make contact with several people in the area that have been blessings to us and we pray that we have been to them.

Myself, Bro. Randall and Bro McEntire
In December we were able to attend my first missions conference since coming to Flagstaff. Mojave Valley Baptist Church and pastor Don Randall Jr. was our host and the speaker for the conference was pastor James McEntire from Freeport, Tx. It was good to see Bro. McEntire again as we both were pastors on the third coast of Texas. He preached a great message and the fellowship both during and after the service was a true blessing for these missionaries on the field.

I would sincerely ask for you all to pray for us as we seek God’s will for our future. We feel we are at a turning point and after the setbacks of the economy, difficulty finding work and my health we are at a place where we need to make some decisions about continuing or asking the Lord to use us somewhere else. I can never express how grateful LeeOra and I are for all that you have done for us and we are constant in our prayers asking God’s blessing on you all.

In God’s service

Kris and LeeOra Minefee

No comments: