Wednesday, July 15, 2015

First Vision Mission Report June/ July



Just a quick note to keep you all updated. In the past couple of months I have had pastors and friend put my name to a couple of churches without pastors. I also sent a resume to one church and an email to another. So far there has been no response from the churches nor an acknowledgment of my emails or resume. I know that choosing a new pastor is a difficult undertaking. It can be a tremendous blessing or a curse to both the church and the pastor. We are, therefore, leaving it in God’s hands and His timing. LeeOra and I pray several times a day that God can still use us in the ministry but whatever the future holds we will continue to serve where we can and as we can.

In the meantime God has opened some interesting doors here in Flagstaff. I am now doing a Bible Study with a man who is a Sabbath Day Christian with a strong emphasis on the OT law and Jewish rather than English names for God (Yahweh) and Jesus (Yeshua). We are having good discussions and I have no idea where it will wind up but I’m grateful for the chance to talk about the Lord.

I am working as a Meal on Wheels Driver for the county and though it is only part time it has allowed me to make contact with several people who all know I am a Baptist Pastor and have asked for prayer, Bible answers and/or my opinion on creation, evolution and even demons. One young man has expressed interest in coming to church, “as soon as you get a building.” I’m trying to get him to start Bible Studies in our or his home.

I continue to write and correspond with several people and have opportunities daily to give the Gospel to atheists, agnostics and liberals as well as trying to reason with Methodist, Lutheran and Episcopal ministers (I use the term loosely) who call me names and say I am no Christian if I stand for God’s word against the now accepted sins of our society.

Once again I thank you for your prayers and during this time of transition for your continued support. I am not worthy of either but that has never been God’s reason for any blessings in our lives and truly you all have been a great blessing. We ask you to keep us in mind if you hear of an independent Baptist Church needing a pastor and know that we lift your names in thanksgiving before God in all our prayers.

            If you have any questions or need to contact us for any reason we can be reached via e-mail at krisminefee@gmail.com or through Facebook or you can call us at 832 226-8419. Or you may contact our supporting church and Pastor Larry Jones at Santa Fe Baptist in Santa Fe, Texas email ljones@santafebaptist.org.

May God Bless,

Kris and LeeOra Minefee

No comments: